Singapore Heng Sheng and Robert Trent Jones II Group of Golf Course Architects Finalize Design of the 18 Hole Championship Golf
Singapore Heng Sheng Company received a team from the Robert Trent Jones II Group of Golf Course Architects (RTJ II) to discuss the 18 hole Championship golf course design and construction components of the Grenada National Resort project, developed by Singapore Zheng Sheng Company. In attendance were Jack Lin (Project Manager of golf course construction at Grenada National Resort), Robert 'Trent Jones III (COO of RTJ II), and Mike Gorman. The team had a frank, pleasant, and productive conversation.
LEFT - Robert ‘Trent’ Jones III (COO of RTJ II), MIDDLE - Mike Gorman (Designer of RTJ II), RIGHT - Jack Lin (Project Manager of golf course construction in Grenada National Resort)
The parties conducted in-depth discussions on the goals and visions of the project, challenges and difficulties, and future engineering construction for achieving desired results.
The RTJ II team praised Grenada National Resort for the design of the golf course—for its great potential, distinct environment and terrain. According to the visiting team, the design and planning of the project are flawless and unique; the layout is ingenious; and the local, natural landscape is beautiful and well-appointed.
The parties conducted a joint review of all construction drawings of the golf course, discussed and technically disclosed the construction specifications of each individual project, and solved the pain-points and difficulties at the construction-drawing level. One such resolution is to expand the reservoir capacity. The other is to design the engineering and future transportation route map.
The RTJ II team believes that the construction drawings fully meet the construction needs of the project at its current stage, and into the next two years. Going forward, the project will fine-tune further details, depending on the situation at different stages. The designer will also conduct on-site work instructions when construction commences.
Overall, the meeting was productive and enjoyable, with consensus achieved in many areas, and the desired goals realized. Notably, the teams have forged a strong and passionate partnership that will augur well for mutually beneficial results in the construction of a first-class golf course in Grenada, and the Caribbean, by extension.
ABOUT RJT II
RTJ II is one of the world’s top ten golf course architects and is well known for developing golf courses in an environmentally responsible manner. During the past four decades，the RTJ II team has designed more than 280 golf courses, in over 45 countries, on six continents.
The company was founded by Robert Trent Jr.
Robert Trent Jones Jr., Founder, Chairman and Master Architect (left) | Robert Trent Jones Sr (right)
Robert Trent Jones Junior’s father, Robert Trent Jones Senior spent almost 70 years building or renovating over 500 golf courses around the world and defining golf course architecture for the modern era.
Robert Trent Jones Jr., Founder
Robert Trent Jones Jr was once the president of ASGCA. He is also a life-time achievement award winner, who is lauded as the father of environmental golf course design.
Robert ‘Trent’ Jones III, Chief Operations Officer - Robert Trent Jones II LLC
Robert ‘Trent’ Jones III is the Chief Operations Officer. Trent oversees the day-to-day financial and business management of large-scale domestic and international golf course projects and directs strategic planning for RTJ II.
“Of the earth...for the spirit” is the philosophy of RTJ II.
RTJ II is also the only golf course architectural group that has issued the "Green Proclamation.”
- 51 COURSES AMONG GOLF DIGEST’S BEST COURSES IN 184 NATIONS
Including the #1 course in 10 nations, and 28 courses in the top 10
- BEST COURSE ARCHITECT IN ASIA FOR MULTIPLE CONSECUTIVE YEARS
As voted by the readers of Asian Golf Monthly
- 15 TOP 10 COURSES IN ASIAN COUNTRIES
As voted by the readers of Asian Golf Monthly
- 4 OF GOLF DIGEST’S TOP 10 COURSES IN CHINA
- 5 TOP 100 COURSES IN JAPAN
- 15 CERTIFIED COOPERATIVE SANCTUARY COURSES
- 1 CERTIFIED CLASSIC SANCTUARY COURSE
- 5 CERTIFIED BRONZE SIGNATURE SANCTUARY COURSES
- 3 CERTIFIED SILVER SIGNATURE SANCTUARY COURSES FROM AUDUBON INTERNATIONAL
- 14 COURSES RATED AMONG EUROPE’S TOP COURSES BY PEUGEOT GOLF GUIDE
- 35 COURSES AMONG GOLF DIGEST’S TOP 20 IN EACH STATE
Including the #1 course in 10 states
- 29 BEST NEW COURSE AWARDS FROM GOLF DIGEST
Including 6 #1 Best New Courses
- 29 COURSES IN 16 STATES AMONG GOLF MAGAZINE'S BEST COURSES IN EACH STATE
- 12 COURSES AMONG GOLF MAGAZINE’S TOP 100 IN THE US
- 5 GOLF MAGAZINE GOLD MEDAL,
- 5 GOLF MAGAZINE SILVER MEDAL,
- 2 GOLF MAGAZINE GREEN MEDAL and
- 1 GOLF MAGAZINE PLATINUM MEDAL RESORTS
- 14 COURSES AMONG GOLFWEEK’S TOP 100 MODERN COURSES
- 13 COURSES AMONG GOLFWEEK’S TOP 100 RESORT COURSES
- 20 COURSES AMONG GOLFWEEK’S BEST COURSES YOU CAN PLAY IN EACH STATE